The Tumblr Guide to Healthy Living
a compilation of resources to help you eat right, exercise, and be happy!
How to Start a Healthier Lifestyle
Eating Clean Principles
Your Flat Belly Day 1 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 Meal Plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Eating Low Carb
What is Paleo
Portion Size Guide
Get lean grocery list
80 Healthiest Foods
100 Foods that Dr.Oz wants on your Shopping List
Tips to Snack Better
10-Calorie Sweet and Crunch Snacks
Why Eat Raw Foods?
10 Commandments of Dieting
Tips for Staying Healthy in School
The Happier way to Diet Menu
Food that makes You Prettier
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 1
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 2
The Best New Superfoods
12 Best Foods for your Abs
Clear Skin Diet
Foods that Melt Flab Away
Raw Food for the Rest of Us
5 Ingredient Eating Clean Recipes
Herbs that Heal
What to Eat When You’re Craving…
Eating Clean vs. Junk examples
Transition to Healthy Living
Eating Clean Video
Eating Clean Recipes
Healthy Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch & DinnerBefore and After Workout Snack Ideas
Super 8-Step Salad Wraps
Not-Quite-Unnecessary Raving about Broccoli Slaw
Foods that Cause Bloating
Eat Breakfast, Here’s Why
Making Conscious Health Choices: Who Decides?
Not eating enough…but not hungry either?
Sunshine Oatmeal Recipe
Oatmeal from The Pea Pod
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie-In-A-Bowl
An Overwhelming Amount of Oatmeal Recipes
Starbucks Drinks Under 200 Calories
Healthy Dessert Blog
Grapefruit & Strawberry Popsicles (make them without alcohol)
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches
Frozen Yogurt Blackberries
Skinny Coconut Cupcake
Nutella Fudge Pops
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Frozen Fruit Pops
Healthy Banana Almond Chocolate Ice Cream
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Fruit Ice Cubes
Banana Ice Cream
Frozen Yogurt Strawberries
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
More Frozen Banana Bites
Raw Tropical Ice Cream
Cucumber Melon Popsicles
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Apple Peanut Butter Slices
Frozen Banana Popsicles
Banana Berry Soft Serve
Volume Ice Cream
Free Vegetarian Starter Kit by Peta
Making the Transition
Recipes by Peta
Shopping guide by Peta
Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Avocado
How to Determine Your Ideal Weight
How to Overcome A Plateau
Beat a Weight Loss Plateau
Why You Aren’t Losing Weight
How to Burn Fat Fastest
5 Metabolism Boosters
How to Conquer Cravings
20 Secrets of Very Fit People
Fighting Belly Fat
How Do I Lose Weight
Thinking of Giving Up?
The 2 Minute Visualization
How to Keep Yourself Full for Longer
Lose Weight without Dieting
Flat Tummy Tips
Commit to Fit
10 Ways to Get Your Diet Back On Track
Constructing A Plan
Lift Weights to Help You Lose Weight
How to Start Running [Couch to 5k]
How to Tone Any Area of Your Body
Building Lean Muscle vs. Bulky Muscle
But I Don’t Want to Get Bulky!
Abdominal Exercises for Beginners
Running for Weight Loss
Gym Cheat Sheet
The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Interval Training
Archive of Online Work Outs
Top 30 Free YouTube Work Out Channels
100 Best Workout Songs
Insanity Workout Videos and Calender
Tone Every Inch
Top 10 Calorie Burning Cardio
More Links to Online Workouts
Victoria Secret Angel’s Workouts
30 Day Shred Printable Chart and Videos
BodyRock inspired Workouts
Yoga: The Basics and How to Get Started
77 Reasons To Do Yoga
YouTube Yoga for Beginners
YouTube Yoga Routine
YouTube by Body Part
Bye Bye Arm Jiggle
The Workout MovesLunge 101
Lean Thighs - No Lunges
Yes, You Can Yoga!
A great fitspo run by a guy.
Battling Eating Disorders
The Minnesota Starvation Study
Why Starving Seems to Work
Stop the ED Hate
How Bulimia Affects Your Body
“The Binge” and Why You Should Eat When You’re Hungry
What to do After a Binge by MatchStickMolly
What is Intuitive Eating?
After a Binge
Tips to Control Binging
Help with Eating Disorders
National Eating Disorders
Dealing with Eating Disorders
National Center for Eating Disorders UK
people that have changed their lives and have lost a ton of weight!
and some more
130 lbs Lost!
a tumblr dedicated to before and afters
this is the best thing i’ve ever seen on tumblr oh my god
Forever reblog, best thing ever.
Bless this post
holy moly. just added this to my blog- http://gonnabeaskinnyme.tumblr.com/guidetohealthyliving with credits of course!
- box tent : the plastic table-like item found in pizza boxes
- jamais vu : that feeling of seeing something for the first time, even though there’s nothing new about it
- paresthesia : that tingling sensation when your foot falls asleep
- grawlix : the string of typographical symbols comic strips use to indicate profanity (“$%@!”)
- caruncula : the small, triangular pink bump on the inside corner of each eye
- badinage : another word for playful banter
- rhumba : a group of rattlesnakes
- dringle : to waste time by being lazy
- agraffe : the wire cage that keeps the cork in a bottle of champagne
- wings : those back flaps on a bra
- rasher : a single slice of bacon
- purlicue : the web between your thumb and forefinger
Coconut Truffles – 3 Ways! (VEGAN)
**Important!!** The base recipe is for one batch and there are 3 flavour options. To make all 3 flavours, either triple the base ingredients and divide the base mixture before adding in others, or do one flavour at a time. I find doing it one at a time is easier.
Base Ingredients (for one batch only)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- up to 2 Tbsp. coconut milk (optional, depending on other ingredients)
Option 1: Saffron Pistachio
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- small pinch of saffron, soaked in 1 Tbsp. of hot water
- coarsely ground pistachios for coating
Option 2: Black Sesame
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- regular and black sesame seeds for coating
Option 3: Meyer Lemon and Cranberry
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. grated meyer lemon zest
- shredded coconut for coating
- Combine shredded coconut and coconut oil in a food processor and process until it forms a paste (about 2 – 3 minutes), scraping down the sides periodically.
- Add maple syrup and salt, and process to combine.
- Add the specific flavour ingredients (except those that are for the coating) and process the mixture to make it as smooth as possible.
- At this point, the mixture should resemble a thick paste. If it’s crumbly, add coconut milk, one tablespoon at a time and continue to process until the mixture reaches a paste-like consistency. If the mixture is too runny to form balls, place it in the fridge until its easier to work with.
- Divide the paste into 10 – 12 portions and form them into balls, rolling each in the coating ingredient.
- Repeat the process if making multiple flavours.
- Refrigerate the truffles for about 45 – 60 minutes before serving.
- If refrigerating for longer (or freezing), allow them about 15 – 20 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Just got off work. I made it through my shift and only ate a blended strawberry lemonade (not the sugary premade crap. Squeezed lemons, water, strawberries, and ice: blend. 85 calories in a glass the size a Big Gulp).
I still feel full, which is great since I had it at 5:30am. Now I’m off to the gym, I hope everyone feels as wonderful as I do right now. <3
My mum started cooking these for me to go with my low-fat yoghurts for breakfast. When stewed the fruits natural sugars caramelize, and you get a much sweeter, tastier breakfast - it feels like a treat but it’s still just as healthy and nutritious, and best of all DEAD EASY! Cook a big batch and…